Location and Job Title:
Human Resources Coordinator
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
This position will aid in keeping accounts and records for the main office positions in order. It will require tasks associated with collection of personnel information, accounting functions and excellent computer skills.
- Develop and maintain all personnel records
- Maintain policies and procedures
- Handle personnel issues in the strictest of confidence
- Maintain employee benefits
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Finance on employee benefit packages and liability insurance renewals
- Process Bi-Weekly Payroll
- Process Month End Payroll Journal Entries
- Oversees process of Year-End - W2's, Misc. 1099's and ACA 1095's
- Process 5500's annually for 401K and TDA plans
- Responsible for matters related to workers compensation insurance
- Assist the Director of Finance in various accounting department functions including budgets and monthly close-out procedures.
- Cross train with Finance Assistant
- Update yearly Sales Tax Exemption certificates
- Send SUI Rate to Payroll provider
- Assists with collections of overdue accounts and handle difficult cases directly
- Process 990 and Audit information for auditors: data information, payroll reconciliations, etc.
- Work with IT company and personnel on phone system, servers and computer issues
- Place job listings for Department Heads as needed
- Payroll System Training for Manger and Employees
- Provide the Alabama Department of Labor, US Census Bureau and Center for Medicare with information every 3 to 5 years
- Any additional duties deemed necessary by Director of Finance and Executive Director
- Embrace all Core Values and all inherent missions, goals, directives and tasks of the LJCC.
- Must be able to sit, walk, stand and lift up to 25 pound.
- CPR/AED Certification - We will train.
Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Job involves a moderate degree of complexity. Operates from established and well-known procedures typically but may have to use a high degree of creativity in meeting the individual need of the member or guest. Operates independently with minimal supervision.
Contacts are made with others both inside and outside of the LJCC. Fulfill the needs of our members and guests by providing services on-site through the use of both phone and face-to-face interactions. Must be able to handle confidential/sensitive information of our members and guests with the utmost discretion.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required
- Must have extensive bookkeeping experience
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Have flexibility to work different shifts. Frequent interruptions may occur. Maintain a clean cut and professional appearance. Some Holiday/Special event work may be required.
35,000 - 45,000
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.
LJCC Core Values
- We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
- We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
- We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
- We provide a welcoming and open environment
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
- We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel