Location and Job Title:
Director of Marketing and Communication
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
The Weinstein JCC has a rich and deep tradition in the greater Richmond, VA, region. We strive to be true partners in our community, leading by example and serving all of our neighbors.We are looking for a marketing leader that wants to alter the course of our agency and create greater value for our community. A collaborative leader who has a strong desire to innovate, influence, and drive change, a creative individual with great organizational leadership capabilities to help the entire agency evolve and scale to new heights.
The position will have overall responsibility for supervision and oversight of the public relations and marketing function of the Weinstein JCC and will play a critical role in the agency leadership team to shape our strategy and direction. This includes managing external communications, customer/member acquisition, customer/member retention, programs, special events advertising, and marketing, oversight of websites, social media/networking strategies, and internal communications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, drive, and manage a comprehensive strategic communications, social media, and marketing plan in support of the JCC mission and departmental objectives.
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of the JCC's public facing channels to include our website, digital assets, and data collection that supports our mission and goals.
- Work closely with staff and department heads to develop a vision and strategy for effective brand positioning, marketing, and PR to help the JCC fulfill its business and mission objectives.
- Work closely with senior staff to deliver timely and meaningful communication to a broad range of stakeholders to include lay leadership, donors, members, and community organizations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the marketing department, planning and coordination of production materials and advertising campaigns to ensure appropriate PR and Marketing is done for individual departments of the JCC and our agency as a whole.
- Work closely with senior staff across our agency to provide resources and insight to create a strategic marketing plan for their departments and programs.
- Develop and implement a media relations strategy.
- Ensure agency-wide adherence to brand and graphic standards and key strategies.
- Develop and implement social networking strategies and oversee the management of content of the agency.
- Work with Development Team to support the messaging, marketing, and promotion of the JCC's fundraising activities.
- Work with membership team to create strategies for membership retention and acquisition.
- Develop and manage the Public Relations/Marketing budget and assist senior staff on the creation of department marketing budgets.
- Manage marketing project workflow: inception (planning and creative development); in process and execution with ongoing communication and collaboration with all departments.
- Manage the content, editing, publishing, and distribution of marketing/PR materials.
- Work with and create additional media contacts/relationships.
- Manage appropriate vendor relationships.
- Prepare press release responses.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, and updates of organization's website (WordPress experience preferred).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
- A highly collaborative team player with a strong desire to innovate, improve, and challenge the status quo.
- Identify and connect to the mission of the Weinstein JCC
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to influence and drive results
- A true team player, partner, and mentor
- Customer focused leader who has the ability to work with a team to inspire critical insights needed to deliver results and change behaviors.
- Solid knowledge and experience with online marketing tools, analytics and best practices
- A caring and empathetic individual who seeks and embraces opportunities and is passionate about their work
- Strong analytical skills, critical and strategic thinking
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign a plus
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This position requires frequent standing and bending, position also requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.At times, the individual will be outside and subject to the elements, weather, heat, or cold for up to 2 hours at a time.
This position may require working outside regular business hours including evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Weinstein JCC offers competitive health and dental benefits, paid time off, life insurance, short and long-term disability.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
75,000 - 85,000
About the Weinstein JCC:
The Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center exists to provide the highest quality educational, physical, and spiritual wellness programs and experiences for all ages and abilities, guided by Jewish values and culture. The Weinstein JCC provides a safe, inclusive environment for the community to gather and build meaningful connections.