Location and Job Title:
Director of Jewish Family Life
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stephanie Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Jewish Family Life engages people in Jewish communal life through educational, holiday, social and cultural programs, volunteer and social impact programming, community events, and community outreach. This full-time exempt position supports programming community-wide, at our Uptown and Metairie campuses.
The Director of Jewish Life reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, develop and oversee Jewish Life programming for all ages (youth, families, adults) including:
- Community-wide holiday programs including Hanukkah, Purim and Yom Hashoah
- Lectures, films and classes, including the signature Bart Cultural Arts Series
- Youth and family programming
- Senior Adult programming including weekly Kabbalat Shabbat program
- Israel programming
- Plan, develop and oversee Jewish education for staff including Jewish learning at in-services and at staff meetings.
- Provide support for JEM (Jewish Enrichment Moment) presentation for board meetings
- Support summer day camp shlichim program with Camp Directors.
- Work with the Early Childhood Director and Camp Directors to implement Jewish culture, practice and education in the preschool and camp programs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local Jewish, faith-based and community organizations to increase and enhance community programming and community building
- Staff the Jewish Enrichment Committee.
- Plan and oversee adult enrichment classes including arts, book club, and MahJong.
- Develop and oversee the department budget.
- Prepare grant applications and reports as needed.
Required Education/Work Experience/Competencies:
- Five+ years of experience in cultural arts, Jewish education, and/or related program development
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture, values, holidays and traditions
- Passion for sharing knowledge and ideas with others
- Experience working with a diverse population including children and adults
- Organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple programs and priorities
- Excellent communication, customer service, and volunteer management skills
- Computer literacy, including Outlook and Microsoft suite products
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Requires frequent communication with others to exchange information, remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires working in noisy environment; moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; the ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the ability to lift, bend, and twist
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.