Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Desk Associate
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The Fitness Center Cleaning Associates are responsible for keeping
the Mordoh Fitness Center clean and shiny. In addition to daily cleaning tasks,
they greet and assist members and guests, assist with equipment, and maintain a
clean and safe place for members and guests to exercise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness of fitness center (vacuuming/mopping floors and areas around equipment, keeping the fitness desk clear and free of clutter, following daily equipment cleaning schedule, washing and folding towels).
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service by greeting members and answering questions.
- Become familiar with JCC programs, facilities and services as to serve as valuable resource to members and guests and doing head counts of group exercise classes.
- Assist members with equipment usage by showing users how to adjust the equipment and directing the users to the instructions listed on each piece of equipment.
- Act as first responder to accidents in the fitness center.
- Monitor equipment throughout the day (wipe down, reset, etc. as necessary)
- Answer telephone, route calls and take messages as appropriate.
- Provide Fitness Center orientations for members.
- Work your scheduled shifts, call your supervisor at least 2 hours before if you are going to be absent or late, find a replacement if you cannot work assigned shift.
- Ensure policies and procedures are being followed (ie. age, appropriate apparel, etc).
- Assist with recreational babysitting as needed. Sign and abide by JCC Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct.
- Embrace and abide by the JCC Internal Service Standards of Respect, Gratitude, Communication, The Golden Rule, and Ownership/Accountability
- High school diploma preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and certified CPR, AED and first aid within 3 months of employment.
- Familiar with emergency procedures, capable of performing Emergency Action Plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, visitors and co-workers.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of strength training and cardio equipment.
- Telephone, copier, and computer skills (including MS office applications).
This position requires the individual to be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment.It requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and lifting.Must be able to lift and carry at least 60 pounds.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
over 100 years, members of the Indianapolis community have enjoyed a diverse
range of services for all ages and interests at the JCC Indianapolis. With
recreational, educational and social programs and facilities that include a
fitness center, water park, therapy pool, early childhood education center, art
gallery, indoor tennis center, basketball courts and more, you can't help
but find something to love at the JCC Indianapolis. For more information,