Location and Job Title:
Part-time Bilingual Therapist English/Spanish
Bronfman Family JCC
524 Chapala St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3412
- Provide therapy to diverse age groups (children, adolescents, and adults) with a variety of diagnoses.
- Build upon therapeutic skills using individual and family treatment modalities.
- Create a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client, and caregivers.
- Complete clinical assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs from a clinical perspective.
- Provide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families.
- Coordinate with other agencies when appropriate to implement treatment plan.
- Document all client, family and case management that meet Medi-Cal documentation standards.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Master's degree in counseling, marriage family therapy (MFT), or social work (MSW) from an accredited university or college
- Current BBS registration in the State of California
- Valid CA drivers' license with a clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Comfortable holding sessions using Tele-health, HIPPA compliant platforms as in person
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague
- Respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
The BFJCC offers a variety of cultural, social, recreational, educational and philanthropic experiences. We are part of the Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara.