Location and Job Title:
Certified Personal Trainer, Part-Time
New Orleans JCC
5342 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
The JCC is seeking a professional personal trainer to work part time at the Uptown location.
Please read ALL of the below and if you qualify, send resume (including certifications) to Andrew Sensi, General Manager, Sports and Wellness.
- JCC one-on-one personal trainers will provide individualized, effective, and safe training sessions to JCC members. These sessions will reflect the objectives, goals, and wishes of the client. Trainers will create personalized exercise prescriptions based upon the client's level of physical fitness and capacity for both cardiovascular and weight bearing exercises. A client's pre-existing condition(s) and/or physical limitations will be taken into account when developing a training regimen.
- Trainers must take a client's health history and perform a fitness assessment prior to initiating personal training. A medical release must be attained, prior to training, for those clients who display high or multiple risk factors. A client's pertinent and personal information must remain confidential. All health history forms must be submitted to the Wellness Director upon completion. Clients will receive additional fitness assessments approximately every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate goals and see progress.
- Personal trainers will work within their scope of knowledge and skill. Refer clients to professionals with appropriate training and expertise beyond your realm of knowledge or to the Wellness Director when appropriate.
- Training sessions will be either 30 (when applicable) or 60 minutes.
- All personal trainers need to be currently certified. It is your responsibility to keep current on your certifications and your continuing education credits. The JCC will accept the following personal training certifications:
***You must also have a valid and current CPR certification. No online certifications will be accepted.
- You must participate in scheduled staff meetings/training and development.
- Indicate a willingness to satisfy members.
- Please help maintain a safe and clean exercise environment. Put away all equipment after use by clients during the training session.
- Be respectful, courteous, and professional to JCC members at all times.
- Be familiar with all fitness programming at the JCC.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.