Location and Job Title:
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
About the Position
The Grant Writer is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Development. The Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process and management of proposals with a particular focus on fundraising for our renowned Thurnauer School of Music. Working in concert with the Director of Development and TSM Founding Director, the Grant Writer will work to support and expand the Music School's general operations, scholarship fund, and Music Discovery Partnership program with local school districts.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develop an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates team projects as needed, including logistics management and timeline accountability.
- Provides executive support to the CEO and Board Chair as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus;
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Knowledge of classical music and music education a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This position description is based upon material provided by Kaplen JCC on the Palisades, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston, Senior Search Consultant
Yasmine Coccoli, Senior Associate
35,000 - 45,000
About Kaplen JCC
Kaplen JCC is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. The 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs. The JCC has a budget of $21M and 3000 family households.