Location and Job Title:
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
General Job Summary:Under the supervision of Executive Management, the Sales Manager will oversee the planning, development and implementation of our sales strategies that best meet the mission and needs of our agency.The sales manager will help us increase membership units, sell fitness and wellness packages, improve tracking and reporting and handle all follow-throughs on a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Principle Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide all potential members and guests with an enthusiastic and informative facility presentation based on individual needs, empowering and educating on the benefits of health and wellness as well as incorporating all of the features of the facility and program offerings
- Develop strategy and plans for outreach and sales team marketing activities and ensure execution on those plans on an annual, monthly, weekly and daily basis
- Respond to telephone, walk-ins and e-mail membership inquiries; book and maintain accurate appointment schedules for potential members to tour the club
- Track, log, and report progress of leads and membership sales
- Develop clear, consistent, and effective strategies for reaching and selling to all market segments.
- Report membership sales results daily, weekly and monthly
- Develop strategy for corporate and group membership sales
- Going out into the community to local businesses and networking meetings to increase memberships
- Achieve membership sales goals
- Work closely with fitness and membership team to ensure successful on-boarding of new members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or a Fitness related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/membership experience and demonstration of meeting and exceeding goals
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- Proficiency in using computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, Internet
- Live our values: welcoming, authentic and compassionate
- Familiarity with external marketing techniques. (e-mail distribution and grass roots "guerrilla marketing")
- Extremely personable, professional, and hard-working with exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and teambuilding skills
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences
The JCC of Greater Rochester is a home for people of all backgrounds to grow and learn, and to care about and deepen their connections to one another. We offer a wide array of health & wellness, cultural, social, educational and recreational programs for families, children and adults of all ages and interests. Agency expectations:
- Understand and be committed to the mission and vision of the Center
- Commit to embracing and encouraging leadership's vision
- Be knowledgeable about the Jewish Community Center (JCC), its programs, services, and offerings. Be an advocate for the JCC, its programs and team.
- Have an understanding of Jewish customs, practices and culture.