Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Support
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
Provides outstanding customer service to JCC members in the Rec & Well / Fitness Department(s) by orienting, educating, supplying, and assisting wherever and whenever required.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: High School Diploma and CPR/First Aid Certified required; Certified Personal Trainer preferred
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: 1 year experience in similar position
- Special Skills: The successful candidate is focused on providing JCC members with stellar customer experiences, possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills and is knowledgeable about exercise programming and equipment. The position requires standing and walking for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn, understand and communicate an up-to-date & accurate knowledge of all services offered by the Recreation and Wellness Department.
- Classes, babysitting, hours, staff
- Communicate department information to JCC staff (front desk, fitness welcome desk, trainers, active manager, housekeepers, maintenance, and member services department) in a timely & consistent manner.
- Maintain weight room, stretching areas & equipment
- Wipe down weight room / cardio equipment / mats / stretching area equipment
- Arrange bands / weights / accessories
- Lubricate equipment
- Provide JCC members outstanding customer service in the recreation and wellness department
- Greet members and staff by name at every point of contact
- Offer assistance to members and staff
- Circulate in the cardio and weight room areas; speak with members and assist them as appropriate
- Educate members on services available through the JCC; including new class offerings
- Enroll members in complementary fitness assessments
- Distribute towels; maintain abundant supply of towel and assist housekeeping staff with towel service as necessary
- Conduct tours of the JCC to prospective members
- Weekend responsibilities also including circulating throughout the entire JCC building
- Communicating with the pool staff
- Communication with the front desk staff
- Inspecting the gym area and maintaining organization of equipment, supplies and trash
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.