Location and Job Title:
Young Adult Peer Connector
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
job of the Peer Connector & Young Adult Engagement Specialist
(Connector) is to bring the spirit of the JCCSF - bringing people
together to explore, connect and flourish -- to life for the 25 -
40-year-old demographic. Working with the Roots & Culture Chief
Program Officer, Director of Arts & Ideas and the Public Programs
Coordinator this position will be responsible for creating meaningful
connections with new audiences and deepening the relationships with our
current community through 1:1 phone calls, emails and coffee dates. The
Connector will also develop relevant partnerships with Jewish and
cultural organizations to better reach and serve the diverse young adult
audience of the Bay Area. This position plays a critical role in
expanding JCCSF outreach and increasing sense of belonging to the
growing cross-section of Jewish young adults who identify as LGBTQ+,
Jews of Color, Asian Jews and Interfaith.
is a part-time, temporary position scheduled through June 2022, funded
through a grant from the Jewish Community Federation to strengthen Young
Adult Engagement in the Bay Area.
Connector will go beyond buildings and programs to meet young people
where they are and how they live. Specifically, the Connector will:
- Meet young adults outside of mainstream Jewish settings at social and cultural events around the Bay Area and online
as an ambassador at JCCSF Arts & Ideas events and holiday
celebrations to connect primarily with audience members in the 25 -
- Listen and build individual
relationships through email communication, phone calls, coffee dates and
in-person conversations at large JCCSF events
- Curate small groups and gatherings in intimate settings.
- Co-create Jewish experiences and share Jewish wisdom in relevant ways
and guide people in finding Jewish paths and people in order to do the
things that matter most to them, whether through JCCSF and/or other
- Maintain a knowledge of the robust, diverse happenings for Jewish young people in the Bay Area
in ongoing coaching, evaluation, and the Community of Practice with the
network of other connectors host by the Bay Area Jewish Community
- Attend NextGen Professional Meetings convened by the Federation
- Track progress using the CRM database
- Maintain a program budget to support these activities
- Maintain an expansive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults in the Bay Area
- Represent JCCSF at community functions around the Bay Area.
- Collaborate with marketing for promotions to best reach a young adult audience
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and holidays
- Passion for learning about and supporting diverse Jewish experiences for 20s and 30s crowd across the Bay Area
- Experience in Jewish education, social or recreation settings
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to talk with and listen to audience members of varying backgrounds and interests
- Creative and strategic thinker able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication (oral, written, etc.)
- Ability to work in an environment that honors pluralism and multiculturalism
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
STATUS: Temporary, non-exempt, benefited position.
Aproximately 20 hours/week, September 2021 - June 2022. Weekend,
evening, and holiday hours required in alignment with events schedule.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
$35.00 per hour
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).