Location and Job Title:
Welcome Desk Coordinator
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
- Create a positive welcoming environment for all those who come to the Stamford J.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members, non-members, prospective members, program participants, guests and staff at the Stamford J, in person and over the phone.
- Responsible for scheduling Welcome Desk staff and insuring coverage for all shifts
- Check in members, program participants and guests using J procedures.
- Provide information regarding JCC membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities in a timely and efficient manner to both customers and staff.
- Answer phones politely and professionally, redirecting all calls to the appropriate staff
- Use of our database to: process financial transactions including; class registrations, personal training, private swimming lessons, program events, and membership transactions, enter new members and make changes and updates to members' accounts with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide assistance to members when needed in making reservations for group exercise classes, racquetball and sports courts.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Make sure the welcome desk is kept neat and tidy with all flyers and materials replenished as needed.
- Report maintenance and facilities requests to appropriate staff.
- Additional clerical duties as needed.
- Act and dress professionally. Conduct yourself in a professional manner and represent the J in a positive light whether you are working your scheduled hours or just at the J on your own time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to providing quality customer service
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to learn a membership database and good typing skills
- Competence in basic-level mathematics
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High school or community college degree
35,000 - 45,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.
1035 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905