Location and Job Title:
Seasonal Assistant Director - Round Lake Camp
21 Plymouth St
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Round Lake is a sleep away INCLUSION program for campers ages 7-17 with, but not limited to, learning differences, ADHD, anxiety, and social communication disorders. All campers integrate with Nah-Jee-Wah and Cedar Lake campers. Traditional camp programs are provided such as swimming, sports, adventure courses, arts, STEM, etc. In addition, OT, speech, and academic supports are provided for those who qualify.
As an Assistant Director you become a significant member of the Key Staff team supervising, supporting, participating and playing an active role in creating a fun, safe summer camp experience for our campers and staff.
The Assistant Director will work closely with the Camp Director in all aspects of camp to create a safe, fun program for all:
- Assist in preparation and implementation of staff training (pre-season and throughout the summer)
- Work with NJW and CLC Camp Directors to support inclusion in programming
- Supervise and support all staff
- Oversee related service program(scheduling, providers, resources, etc.)
- Assist with bunking process of campers and staff
- Oversee elective program assignments to ensure camper choice and proper supervision
- Supervise, plan and support special programming (i.e. trips, special days, evening programs)
- Oversee Day to Day activity scheduling(i.e. canteen, laundry, jetski, low ropes)
- Residing on Milford, PA campsite for duration of summer season
- Experience in camp administration
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Ability to supervise, plan, organize and carry out daily and special programs
- Ability to interpret Jewish tradition and culture into appropriate camp programming
- Flexibility to prioritize the needs of camp
- Experience and/or desire to work with children with exceptionalities
NJY Camps is a leader in the overnight summer camp space. Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, the camps are turning 100 years old in the summer of 2021. With a variety of offerings based primarily on age, NJY Camps is "home away from home" to thousands of campers and staff around the world.