Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
- Clean Equipment
- Talk to members of the gym about their goals and introduce them to our personal training packages
- Conduct new and current member orientations and follow-up meetings
- Assume the responsibility of training existing clients who are interested in increasing their fitness levels
- Provide clients with safe, reasonable exercises that they can perform in the gym as well as at home
- Lead group fitness classes when necessary
- Work out at the gym at least two days per week
- Develop, promote and conduct programs in the fitness center.
- Staffing hours in the fitness center are required.
- A dedication to self-improvement, self-awareness, continuous learning, personal growth and development with regard to personal health, fitness and mental capacity
- Certification by a nationally accredited organization required, NASM, ACE or ACSM.
- At least 2 years of personal training experience.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills, excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Current CPR/AED
The Stamford JCC fitness area is growing and we are in need of Personal Trainers to take over mentoring and fitness guidance sessions with our clients. The successful applicant will not only be responsible for taking on existing clients based on need, but also for soliciting new business and teaching gym members about the benefits of personal training. We're looking for motivated individuals with sales experience who can help us establish a competitive edge in our area. Earn up to $60/hour.