Location and Job Title:
Director of Camp & Youth Services
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
The JCC of Greater Columbus seeks a dynamic leader with proven organizational skills to serve as our Director of Camp and Youth Services. The Director of Camp and Youth Services is empowered to operate with a growth mindset that embraces innovation and meets budgeted expectations. In this role you will oversee the creation, promotion, staffing, curriculum, and administrative functioning of the Jewish Summer Camp Programs, and maintain compliance with ACA and state licensing standards. Throughout the year, you will develop and deliver an annual array of camp programs, JClub after school programs and opportunities that are Jewish, fresh, pluralistic, current and keep pace with current trends. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with stakeholders to develop/deliver a vision for camp that is compelling, creative and Jewish.
- Develop programs and activities that further the Jewish identity of participants through the integration of Jewish values / life / culture into camping programs.
- Develop an attractive array of camp programs based on research of the most successful models for camp programming, and on evaluating all aspects of the previous summer.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with parents prior to and during camp season (including work with committees, e-news/blog, special announcements, and daily communications).
- Work with JCCA & JAFI Shlicha.
- Manage the hiring and training process for all camp employees (including recruitment, interviews, hiring, work schedules, maintain employee files, and payroll).
- Manage and monitor enrollment for camp; regularly report key benchmarks/statistics to JCC leadership; keep current with licensing; maintain required standards.
- Develop and deliver strategic programs during the year that connect campers back to their summer experience and help recruit prospective campers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the JCC's JClub afterschool program and seasonal camp programs.
- Take charge of marketing efforts throughout the year, including working with the marketing department on materials and sales campaign; promote camp in community forums.
- Coordinate activities with Special Needs Camp Director for Inclusion Camps and Special Needs programming.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience.
- Stellar Benefits ... Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA or FSA, Life and other options available.
- Discounts Galore: Arts & Culture Events, Summer Camp, Children's Programs (after school, school days out, breaks, camps), Membership, Preschool, Recreation & Wellness Programs (Personal training, Massage, Fitness Special Programs, Recreation Programs, Swim Lessons).
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.