JCC Camp Ruach in Bridgewater, NJ is hiring a Division Leader for our 3 and 4 year old campers for the Summer 2021 season; running from June 28- August 20 (closed July 5) from 8:00-4:30 daily. This is a seasonal position.
- Supervising up to 4 total camper groups and up to 20 staff in daily activities
- Facilitating staff training and preparing camp staff for their daily responsibilities as a camp counselor working with children who are 3 and 4 years old (Specific dates in June and mid-summer training)
- Supporting staff throughout summer to manage camper behaviors, group dynamics, provide advice and hands-on support
- Implementing fun and new camp traditions special for this young age group
- Managing and proactively communicating with camper guardians. Inclusive of sending weekly email reports, ensuring daily reports submitted timely and appropriately, and one-off conversations as needed
- Conducting staff evaluations at the mid-point and end of summer
- Exhibiting camp spirit through participation in dress-up days, being goofy, and modeling through participation
- Assuming additional camp-wide responsibilities as a member of the senior staff team inclusive of drop-off and pick-up procedures, lunch duties, special events, and more.
- Working in formal capacity with preschool age children
- Supervising staff
- Attending or working in camp setting