Location and Job Title:
Assistant Teachers for Summer Fun Program
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Preschool and Toddler Teachers Part -Time, Greenwich/Cos Cob Location
The assistant teacher position is perfect for someone who is pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Psychology, or Sociology; Or an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; or Child Developmental Associate Credential (CDA). Our Summer Fun program runs from July 5- August 20 at our Cos Cob location. The hours are 9:30am-1:30pm Monday-Friday. College students welcome to apply!
- Meet Connecticut Office of Early Childhood requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center.
- Strong English communication skills: oral, reading and writing.
- Working knowledge of the growth and development of young children and ability to utilize this information in the classroom.
- Ability to work in a teaching team.
- Ability to relate to young children and adults in an emotionally responsive manner.
- Ability to be sensitive to individual children and their unique perspectives and needs, and be willing to adjust the program to meet those individual needs.
- Be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education, including collaboration with specialists , coaches and consultants
- Ability to work in a team environment; willing to collaborate with colleagues and members of the community.
- Ability to actively participate in children's play and care including frequent reaching, running, and sitting on the floor and in small chairs.
- Desire to engage in joyful play with young children!
- CPR and First Aid, Administration of Medication and Epi-Pen certification or willingness to acquire it.
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.