Location and Job Title:
Youth Sports Coach
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is seeking coaches for youth basketball, tennis, cheer leading, and multi-sport classes/clinics.This position primarily works with members by delivering high quality sports services. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications & Specialized Skills
- Coaching experience required
- Experience coaching ages 3-17.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification (on-site training provided as needed)
- Customer service oriented and result driven
- Strong teamwork, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Keep the gymnasium/outdoor spaces safe and clean
- Work with other coaches/departments to share space/equipment
- Help sell programming/services
- Cross promote health and wellness programs the JCC has to offer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality
- Coaches are responsible for planning, organizing and delivering an appropriate range of sports activities and programs for individuals and teams.
- Teaching relevant skills, tactics and techniques
- Monitor and enhance performance
- Commit to season schedule and be responsible for finding subs if needed
- Uphold and follow health and safety regulations
- Cooperate with and report to administration with any issues
- Other duties as needed
- Programs performed both indoors and outdoors
- Requires long periods of standing and activity
- PPE must be worn while coaching according to JCC guidlines
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a 501c3 not for profit social service agency serving Tenafly, NJ and surrounding areas.Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature two fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, two gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to youth and adults of all ages and of all needs.