Location and Job Title:
HR Specialist - Recruitment, Engagement & Performance
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $60,000-68,000 annually / Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the HR Specialist - Recruitment, Engagement & Performance leads and directs three major areas of the Human Resources Department. Responsibilities include managing and overseeing the recruitment, onboarding and termination process, facilitating both government-mandated trainings and organizational development opportunities, acting as the primary HRIS administrator, and resolving employee relations issues and related complaints in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer. This position works as a partner to the HR Specialist - Compliance & Benefits. The position creates an environment that ensures organizational efficiency, equity and consistency and encourages high performance for employees at all levels of the organization and contributes to the overall culture of the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required.
- Master's degree in HR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or PHRCA highly desired.
- 4+ years HR experience in support or management role required.
- Previous experience with ADP and/or other HRIS software is required.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to learn new software tools as needed for productivity and management.
- Excellent customer service skills with vendors and internal customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Discreet, able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately. High level of integrity.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting (maximum 25 lbs. - e.g. box of copy paper) as needed is required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application and attach your cover letter/resume/professional references. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Generous Paid Holidays
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership that gym/pool access and discounts on after-school and summer programs
- Friendly Work Environment!
55,000 - 65,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.