Location and Job Title:
Director of Development
Stroum Jewish Community Center
3801 East Mercer Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Stroum Jewish Community Center Vision
The Stroum Jewish Community Center will inspire connections that build community and ensure Jewish continuity.
Stroum Jewish Community Center Mission
Together we create outstanding programs, partnerships and spaces that welcome everyone to learn, grow and celebrate Jewish life and culture.
Stroum Jewish Community Center Values
K'lal Yisrael - Jewish Peoplehood
Hachnasat Orchim - Welcoming Everyone
Limud - Learning
Simcha - Joy
Derech Eretz - Respect and Common Courtesy
Shmirat haNefesh v'haGuf - Taking Care of Oneself, Body and Soul
Kehillah shel Chaverim - A Community of Friends
The Stroum Jewish Community Center has been serving the greater Seattle Jewish and general community since 1949. With our 92,000 square foot main campus located on Mercer Island, the SJCC offers a wide range of programs and services throughout the greater Seattle area, serving infants to older adults, including a highly acclaimed Early Childhood School with over 300 children across two campuses, summer day camp welcoming over 1000 kids, youth and family programs, recreational leagues, aquatics and much more. The SJCC is a warm and welcoming community center open to everyone, and a place where lifelong friendships are forged.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Development will serve as a key member of the Executive Management team, playing a major role in determining strategic priorities. The Director of Development is responsible for crafting, implementing, and overseeing a strategic and comprehensive development plan for the agency that supports consistent achievement of the SJCC mission and vision, and attainment of its financial objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual development goals and strategies.
- Work closely with Board members, executive leadership, and outside consultants to devise a five-to-ten year development strategy; attend and participate in Board meetings and staff the Board of Directors' Development Committee
- Work with Controller to develop 10-year financial projections across various scenarios; partner with the Finance team to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of financial resource development efforts, providing key metrics and standardized reporting.
- Create a culture of philanthropy and ambassadorship; work with the Board and CEO to cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts; participate in relevant community events to meet and engage prospective donors.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop strategic donor communications, including a comprehensive fundraising brand position, various campaign communications, fundraising collateral, and annual case for support.
- Proven success creating prospect identification plans, crafting proposals, cultivating donors and securing gifts over $2 million.
- Past participation in building and activating a capital or comprehensive campaign.
- Experience crafting, presenting, securing, documenting and coordinating planned gifts.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least eight years of related development experience, and two years of related supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience and/or current skills must include: familiarity with the Jewish community and the ability to share the value proposition of the SJCC effectively with donors; ability to instill trust and confidence in others;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while thinking and performing strategically; ability to soundly manage finances and budget.